What’s New in the Third Edition
- This edition contains 561 exercises, including 337 new exercises that were not in the previous edition. Exercises now appear at the end of each section, rather than at the end of each chapter.
- Many new examples have been added to illustrate the key ideas of linear algebra.
- Beautiful new formatting, including the use of color, creates pages with an unusually pleasant appearance in both print and electronic versions.
- Each theorem now has a descriptive name.
- New topics covered in the book include product spaces, quotient spaces, and duality.
- Chapter 9 (Operators on Real Vector Spaces) has been completely rewritten to take advantage of simplifications via complexification.
- Hundreds of improvements have been made throughout the book. For example, the proof of Jordan Form has been simplified.
This best-selling textbook for a second course in linear algebra is aimed at undergrad math majors and graduate students. The novel approach taken here banishes determinants to the end of the book. The text focuses on the central goal of linear algebra: understanding the structure of linear operators on finite-dimensional vector spaces. The author has taken unusual care to motivate concepts and to simplify proofs. A variety of interesting exercises in each chapter helps students understand and manipulate the objects of linear algebra.
The third edition contains major improvements and revisions throughout the book. More than 300 new exercises have been added since the previous edition. Many new examples have been added to illustrate the key ideas of linear algebra. New topics covered in the book include product spaces, quotient spaces, and dual spaces. Beautiful new formatting creates pages with an unusually pleasant appearance in both print and electronic versions.
No prerequisites are assumed other than the usual demand for suitable mathematical maturity. Thus the text starts by discussing vector spaces, linear independence, span, basis, and dimension. The book then deals with linear maps, eigenvalues, and eigenvectors. Inner-product spaces are introduced, leading to the finite-dimensional spectral theorem and its consequences. Generalized eigenvectors are then used to provide insight into the structure of a linear operator.
How to get it
Linear Algebra Abridged, a free compactified version of Linear Algebra Done Right, 2016.
我在2012年4月30号的时候在Google Code上面挂了这本书第二版的解答, 至今为止, 这份答案的下载已经达到了22014次, 点击查看详情(墙外). 可见这本书受欢迎的程度…下面是这本书第二版的解答下载链接.
- Linear Algebra Done Right 2e Solutions Manual.pdf
- Linear Algebra Done Right 2e Solutions Manual.pdf–国内朋友下载
在线性代数应该怎样学第三版中增加了许多精美插图, 排版也更加舒服, 非常不错.